Donate Your Vehicle
Top Rated Vehicle Donation Program by Forbes Advisor!
We’re proud that Forbes listed Habitat for Humanity as a top vehicle donation program in the United States! The list was based on the efficiency and impact of our vehicle donation program. This means each dollar from your vehicle donation will make an even greater impact right here in our community!
Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, Habitat Boston car donation program, to help support local families.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in Boston and surrounding areas. When you donate to Habitat Boston we make it quick and easy. Your donation may also be a tax deduction.
We accept cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles whether they are running or not. Towing is free!
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support Habitat for Humanity and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction..
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in the Greater Boston area?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What types of vehicles can I donate to Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat for Humanity accepts all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, SUV’s, RV’s, motorcycles, boats, planes, snowmobiles, farm equipment and more. If you have any questions, feel free to call our team at 877-277-4344.
Can I donate a vehicle that does not run?
Absolutely! Your vehicle does not need to be running in order to donate it. But, it does need to have all tires inflated.
How much of a tax write-off do I get for donating my car?
When you vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Massachusetts?
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
When you donate your car to Habitat for Humanity through Cars for Homes, we turn it into cash that supports our affordable homeownership programs in Greater Boston.
Donating your car is easy and directly benefits local families in our community. You can start through our donation wizard online, or by calling our hotline:1-877-277-4344. Completing the vehicle donation process takes just 3 simple steps.
Best of all, towing is free!
We accept all kinds of vehicles, including cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles, whether they are running or not. Your donation may also be tax deductible.
The Cars for Homes vehicle donation process is quick and easy, and includes free pickup and towing. We accept all vehicles – whether or not they’re running!
Just call 877- 277-4344 or fill out a simple online form to start your donation today.