CONSTRUCTION CREW LEADER- AmeriCorps National Direct Member
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston (HFHGB) builds strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. We bring people together to build homes, communities and hope by revitalizing neighborhoods, building sustainable and affordable housing solutions, and empowering families through successful homeownership. Since 1987, we have partnered with families with limited incomes and volunteers to build affordable homes and strengthen
Habitat Greater Boston is a Massachusetts nonprofit corporation and an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International.
Construction Crew Leader:
HFHGB is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to serve as Construction Crew Leaders through our AmeriCorps National Direct program.
This position will work alongside the HFHGB Construction staff to assist in all aspects of residential construction. They will develop construction skills and help lead volunteer groups building Habitat homes.
- Assist in ensuring all stages of the construction process are completed on schedule
- Motivate and assist volunteers of diverse skill sets in constructing Habitat homes
- Promote partnership among all participants in the Habitat program
- Ensure workers and worksite remain safe
- Maintain a professional, positive, supportive environment on the job site
- Strong passion for Habitat’s mission
- Ability to commit to serving 10.5 months
- Experience/interest in developing project management skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- No construction experience necessary but highly preferred
HFHGB AmeriCorps Benefits include:
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career
- Monthly living allowance of $1,260
- Additional $200 monthly housing stipend and $85 monthly towards transportation costs
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-funded student loans during term of service. (Including interest accrual during this time)
- Education award of $5,815 upon completion of the service term.
- Additional benefits include in-service training opportunities, and sick leave, health care coverage, and childcare expenses (if eligible).
Habitat for Humanity engages people of all ages and backgrounds in addressing community needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter (include potential start date) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, put “Construction Crew Leader-Americorps Position.” Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for each position.